Conversations from Penn State: General C. Robert Kehler
National Security in the 21st Century
General C. Robert Kehler reflects on his 38-year military career. Hear insights from the former Commander of U.S. Strategic Command.
About the Guest
As the former Commander of U.S. Strategic Command, General C. Robert Kehler was directly responsible to the President and Secretary of Defense for the plans and operations of all U.S. forces conducting strategic deterrence, nuclear alert, and Department of Defense space, cyberspace, and associated operations. He retired from the Air Force on Jan. 1, 2014, after over 38 years of distinguished service.
More information on Robert Kehler
- US Air Force: Gen. C. Robert Kehler Bio
- Council on Foreign Relations: A Conversation with General C. Robert Kehler
More from the Interview
- US Strategic Command
- A Code of Conduct for Outer Space
- UN Treaty on the Non-proliferation of Nuclear Weapons
- AP: Nuclear Weapons Investigation
- Norwegian Rocket Incident