Pennsylvania Legends and Lore: Ghosts of the Commonwealth
Pennsylvania Legends and Lore: Ghosts of the Commonwealth is the pilot episode for a series that brings to life the tales and traditions of the Commonwealth.
Do you know of a good story you’d like to see us bring to life in a future episode of Pennsylvania Legends and Lore? Email it to: email@example.com.
Sources for Pennsylvania Legends and Lore: Ghosts of the Commonwealth
- German-American Folklore – Compiled and edited by Mac E. Barrick
- Killing Tradition: Inside Hunting and Animal Rights Controversies – Simon Bronner
- Pennsylvania Fireside Tales: Volume I – Jeffrey R. Frazier
- The Black Ghost of Scotia and More Pennsylvania Fireside Tales – Jeffrey R. Frazier
- Flat-landers and Ridge-runners: Folktales from the Mountains of Northern Pennsylvania – James York Glimm
- South Central Pennsylvania Legends and Lore – David J. Puglia
- Hex Signs: Pennsylvania Dutch Barn Symbols & Their Meaning – Don Yoder & Thomas E. Graves
Penn State University Libraries Special Collections:
- Penn State Photo Archive – Town and Environs/Historic Places/General
- Henry Shoemaker papers, 1873–1952
- Samuel Preston Bayard papers, 1935–1996
- Pennsylvania State University, Folklore Studies Program records, 1972-1986
This program was recorded on location at the following sites:
- Bethesda Evangelical Church – Farmers Mills, Pennsylvania
- Centre Furnace Mansion – State College, Pennsylvania
- Mountain Acres Lodge – Spring Mills, Pennsylvania
For future program sponsorship opportunities, contact Tom Yourchak at 814-863-5596.