Help Us Bring The Wall to Centre County
The Traveling Wall
WPSU and a dedicated group of community volunteers and partners are working to bring The Traveling Wall—an 80% scale replica of the Vietnam Veterans Memorial Wall—to Centre County in October 2017.
This special event will be held in conjunction with the 50th Anniversary of the Vietnam War and will be the culminating community event of WPSU’s project, A Time to Heal.
The installation at Innovation Park at Penn State will be free and open to the public 24-hours a day for the duration of the 4-day event.
- An opportunity to reflect and honor all veterans
- Opening and closing ceremonies
- Reservable ceremony times and commemoration space
- Engagement and education for secondary school and college students
- Provide for personal experiences with the memorial and interactions with Vietnam Veterans
- WPSU documentary screenings of A Time to Heal
- WPSU’s Story Corps recording studio
- Vietnam War timeline and statistics display
- Zippo Lighter war era lighter display
- Musical tributes
- Visitors will be able to make rubbings of names and pay tribute by leaving personal mementos.
Every gift, no matter the size, will help build momentum with the goal of having all of the funds raised by July 2017. Donations will provide for infrastructure, volunteer staffing, and event materials.
Donations are being securely collected by the Veterans Benefits Center, a 501c3 nonprofit organization.
Checks can be made payable to Veterans Benefits Center. Please include “The Wall at PSU” in the memo/notation.
Veterans Benefits Center
Attn: Dave Bower
20 Bellefonte Ave
Lock Haven, PA 17745
Online Donations are being accepted via PayPal. After submitting the following form you will be redirected to PayPal to complete the transaction. A PayPal account is required.
We are looking for individual and group volunteers to help manage the October 5–8, 2017 event activities, chaperone veteran families, look up memorial name locations at the computer station, event setup and disassembly, and assist with parking and crowd management. Please let us know you are interested by completing the form below. The event volunteer chair will be in touch with you with additional details.