Help strengthen the future of public broadcasting – and honor a loved one or celebrate your community.
The Endow-a-Day program enables WPSU Penn State to create a permanent endowment to provide perpetual support for quality radio and television programming in central Pennsylvania and the outreach mission of the stations.
Endowments are invested funds, totaling $25,000 or more, that generate income for WPSU Penn State. Each year, a portion of the income from an endowed fund is available for spending, just like annual membership gifts. The balance of the income is returned to principal, so that the fund continues to grow over time.
Donors who fund endowments at WPSU Penn State are recognized through 10-second on-air announcements every year on a special date of their choosing.
Provide for Your Favorite Programs or Endow Your Annual Support
Endowment guidelines can be written to provide annual support in perpetuity only to WPSU-TV or WPSU-FM, or to specific genres of programming, or even to other aspects of station operations, like internships for Penn State students.
Named Endow-a-Day funds and recognition dates:
- Bill and Honey Jaffe Performance Endowment (February 12)
- Thomas F. and Sara H. Songer Family Endowment (April 4)
- Environmental Programming Endowment (April 22)
- Dorothy R. and Edward G. Buss Endowment for WPSU-FM (May 7)
- David and Joyce Lee Local Programming Production Fund for WPSU-FM (July 25)
- James H. Olay Family Endowment (September 12)
- Robert K. and Jane W. Zimmerman Endowed Internship Fund (September 16)
Multidonor Endow-a-Day funds and recognition dates:
- Blair County Endowment (February 26) – (pending full funding)
- WPSU Endowment (March 1)
- McKean County Endowment for WPSU-FM (March 26)
- DuBois Area Endowment (June 18)
- Huntingdon County Endowment (September 20)
For more information or to request an Endow-a-Day brochure, contact Rob Butler at 814-865-8283 or email@example.com.